Posts tagged Vic Mignogna
Actors hitting the pop culture conventions to build up hype for their geek-oriented films is nothing new. Actors hitting up the same conventions they used to go to as kids, and admitting to it on national television? That’s a little different. Press play on the YouTubes to see Rainn Wilson, star of the upcoming “Super,” plugging the heck out of NorWesCon.
- It’s one week till WonderCon in San Francisco, so they’re pumping out last minute information updates by the fistful. Check out their interactive scheduler – looks to be pretty nifty. They are also still looking for more would-be comic book artists to join their Comic Creator Connection, so if you are good with the drawing, but need a writing partner, you might want to sign up.
- Matsuircon in Ohio announced a bunch of guests – Micah Solusod, Brittney Karbowski, and Brina Palencia. They also have some super huge secret guest, but like a bunch of meanies, they’re going to make us wait till next week to find out who. Meanies.
- Purchase a 3 day pass by 7PM Mountain for the Albuquerque Comic Expo and you’ll be entered into a drawing to be upgraded to a VIP Package. Although given when I’m writing this, this news may be useless to everyone. Dang time zones!
- Long Beach Comic Con updated their artist list for their one day expo. They are also looking for someone to do a half hour interview about comic cons for students, so if you feel gabby, make with the clicky.
- Rules. They keep us from living in anarchy. And now the cosplay events at Anime Expo in Los Angeles have them.
- The Star Trek Convention in Phoenix has a write up on the official Star Trek website.
- Louisianime pre-reg closes tonight. And once again, here’s hoping that tonight means some time after I’ve posted this blog entry, stupid timezones!
- Are you a Canadian gamer? Then you might want to check out the schedule for the Canadian Games Conference.
- MTAC in Nashville has Vic Mignogna as a guest. And if you think I didn’t spellcheck that name a couple of times… silent G’s trip me up.
Hello Con Maniacs,
So how was everyone’s Black Friday? Did you stand in line for that special something? Get some great deals? Let me know. I would love to hear some of your Black Friday war stories…LOL! Battling it out for the last toy or game on the shelf.
While your getting over your shopping scars, lets take a look at Kitsune Kon which goes on Feb 25-27, 2011 at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, 333 W. College Avenue, Appleton WI 54911. Kitsune Kon is the first ever anime con to start in Appleton WI. They were first founded back in April of 2009.
Their primary reason for existing is anime! However, they have other fun things that include a cosplay contest, late-night dance, amazing artists, a few amazing guests of honor, and much, much more!
The first guest I would like to showcase is Vic Mignogna. He will be making the rounds this year and is well known in the Anime community.
Vic has been acting for stage and screen since he was 8 years old. But he started his career in anime about ten years ago as Vega in Streetfighter II. Since then Vic has been in more than a hundred and fifty shows and video games, known for such roles as Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist, Tamaki Suou in Ouran High School Host Club, Fai in Tsubasa Chronicle, Dark in DN Angel, Kurz in Full Metal Panic, Broly in Dragonball Z, Kougaijji in Saiyuki, Ikkaku in Bleach, Yukito in Air, Takanaga in Wallflower, Tatsu in Peacemaker, Luciano in Code Geass, Virgil Walsh in Trinity Blood, Hikaru in Macross and many more. He is currently back in the role of Edward in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, playing Death Scythe in Soul Eater, as well as characters in Naruto and several others. Vic has also voiced roles in a large number of video games including Soul Calibur, Disgaea, Persona III, Project Sylpheed, DBZ, Bleach, FMA and more. But even longer than his voice acting, Vic has been a professional music composer / singer / producer who has written and produced hundreds of songs for TV, radio and CD. He sings the themes for shows like One Piece & DBGT, and has produced several CDs of his own original music. And finally, in addition to anime and music, Vic has a degree in film and works regularly writing, producing and directing video and film productions. Vic has voiced characters in more than 100 anime series and video games. Vic is also now realizing a childhood dream, acting and directing in an amazing web series called Star Trek Phase II. TOSforever!
Next up is the very talented Tiffany Grant. Best known as the English voice of Asuka in NEON GENESIS EVANGELION, Tiffany was the first anime voice actor hired in the state of Texas in February 1994.
She has now voiced characters in over 1000 TV episodes, OVAs & movies including CHRONO CRUSADE (Satella), BLUE SEED (Kome), GOLDEN BOY(Madame President), AZUMANGA DAIOH (Kaorin), FMP? FUMOFFU (Bonta-kun),GODANNAR (Shizuru), FULL METAL ALCHEMIST (Marta), MABURAHO (Kuriko),ONE PIECE (Nojiko), THE WALLFLOWER (Auntie), KURAU: PHANTOM MEMORY(Ayaka) and TSUBASA RESERVOIR CHRONICLES (Ashura). Video game credits:UNLIMITED SAGA, DEUS EX II: INVISIBLE WAR.
Last but certainly not least is Chris Cason. For over ten years, Chris Cason has participated in almost every facet of anime production. He has been associated with numerous projects (exclusively for FUNimation Entertainment) in a voice acting, ADR directing, or scriptwriting capacity. Some of Chris’s voice credits include: “Gluttony” in Fullmetal Alchemist, “Tien Shinhan” and “Mr. Popo” in Dragonball Z (and returning as “Mr. Popo” in Dragonball Z Kai), “Holy Roman Empire” in Hetalia Axis Powers, “Jack the Ripper” in Soul Eater, “Boo” and “Whitey” in Shin-Chan, “Miyamoto” and “M1” in Yu Yu Hakusho, “Fumihiro” in Initial D, “Chamo” in Negima, “Hanai” in School Rumble, “Babbit” in Kodocha, and “Taruru” in Sgt. Frog.
This is one of those events that is smaller, but due to this you are sure to get much more time with the guests and to spend with your friends. Personally I find that much more appealing. I guess you could call it a more intimate experience. Harking back to the way cons used to be in the 70′s and 80′s…Wow, did I just say that?
If your going I would love to hear your thoughts and see your pic’s to feature right here on www.conmania.com You can send them to Magid@raybin.com
Try to relax and revitalise as we enter the Christmas season. Maybe this will help to get you in the spirit…
Hello Con Maniacs,
2011 is already shaping up to be a great year in the convention world. Here we have a great Anime event in North Carolina. Ichibancon happens Jan 7-9, 2011 at the Charlotte Marriott Executive Park, 5700 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, NC 28217. They have a great lineup of guests.
The first is the handsome Vic Mignogna. Here are just some of his credits in the Anime World, Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist, Tamaki Suou in Ouran Highschool Host Club, Fai in Tsubasa Chronicle, Ikkaku in Bleach, Yukito in Air, Takanaga in Wallflower, Dark in DN Angel, Kurz in Full Metal Panic, Broly in Dragonball Z, Kougaijji in Saiyuki, Tatsu in Peacemaker, Virgil Walsh in Trinity Blood, Hikaru in Macross and many more.
Second we have the exotic Lisa Ortiz who’s credits include Record of Lodoss War – Deedlit, Slayers – Lina Inverse
Rayearth – Fuu Hououji, Revolutionary Girl Utena – Shiori Takatsuki, Harlock Saga – Maetel, Comic Party – Chisa Tsukamoto, Battle Arena Toshinden – Ellis, Magic User’s Club – Nanaka Nakatomi, His and Her Circumstances – Tsubasa Shibahime, Sonic X – Amy and Pokemon Movie 3 as Lisa.
Another one of their great guests is Todd Haberkorn, known for his voice work in such great Anime as Soul Eater as Death the Kid, Ghosthunter as Kazuya Shibuya and Cry of the Banshee with Lance Henriksen.