Posts tagged mtac
- Lazaro Suarez, creator of “My Date With The Devil’s Daughter.”
- Golden Age Comic Book Legend Sheldon “Shelly” Moldoff.
- Artist Javier Lugo.
- Artist Tayler Bryan.
- LeVar Leo and Face Palm Comics.
- Pat Martin from Students of the Unusual.
- Voice actor Melissa Fahn.
- Voice actor Michelle Knox.
Ya got all that?
- Speaking of which, Cincinnati Comic Expo (and no, I didn’t spell Cincinnati correct on the first try) announced they have over 70 guests.
- Want to go to Anime Expo in LA for free? Willing to dress up like a maid and serve people to do it? Boy are you in luck. Also, more charity Ebay auctions from the con for the crisis in Japan.
- Oh no, more of the giant lists! Albuquerque Comic Expo (right on the first try!) announced artist alley guests.
- Eclectic Elements
- David “Artassassin” Harrigan
- Jamie Chase Arts
- Summer Amber
- Robert Elrod
- Andy Perez
- Kevin Gentilcore
- Stephen McCranie
- Enrique Martinez
- Chris Yates Studios
- John Peters / Gypsygirl Press
- Dale Deforest
- HappyJack Comics
- Jon Sanchez
- Jeremy Montoya
- Jonathan Perea
- Jeff Benham / ACME Anvil Scenic
- Paul Z. / Sotoman
- Hey kids, do you like the World of Warcraft? Do you like watching movies of the World of Warcraft? Good, then I-Con has a panel for you.
- Retweet this tweet, you might get a free shirt from MTAC. And by telling you, I just lessened my chances of winning. D’oh! Also, they got con maps!
- Wanna buy Megacon tix? Clicky clicky.
Listen up Conmaniacs, hope you liked the video from yesterday. More should be on the way, so keep your eyes open.
- Anime Expo in Los Angeles is approaching, which you should be able to tell from the little countdown clock. Speaking of which, you can download your own and more website goodies by making with the clicky.
- Speaking of goodies, MTAC has their T-shirt designs up. Only $20.
- “G-Man” and “Mini Marvels” artist Chris Giarrusso is going to be at Mid-Ohio Con.
- Want to know how awesome the Animated Detour convention was last weekend? $36,195.42 worth of awesome. That’s how much they raised in their donation buckets for the crisis in Japan.
- Ready for a ton of news from I-CON? The New York con put up their gaming schedule and autograph schedule, as well as their interactive programming schedule. They also announced a panel with Peter David, Joe Lansdale and Bob the Dinosaur on comedy, and a trivia game show. I love those. Cleaned up the prizes at several.
- Albuquerque Comic Expo is giving you a couple chances to win some major convention upgrades. Wednesday, someone gets their three-day pass bumped up to a VIP package. And one VIP ticket holder will get a chance to win a special one-on-one sit down with Stan “The Man” Lee, although that won’t be determined until after all the VIP passes have been sold. So in theory, you could win a one-on-one with Stan for the price of a three-day pass. Although unlikely.
- Time for vengeance, eh? “The Crow” creator James O’Barr is going to be at Toronto Comic Arts Festival.
- Going to Fanaticon in North Carolina? Want to be interviewed by Bold Life Magazine? Make with the clicky.
- Apparently the Hall of Fame event at GIJoeCon was a blast, so BotCon would like to remind you not to miss theirs.
- Spooky Empire’s May-Hem’s newsletter is up. Most of the news has been reported on here, but there it’s all in one nice place.
This is the kind of stuff Star Trek fans’ dreams are made of. You, Shatner and Stewart, together in one spot, with a photo op to capture the moment for posterity. I’m imagining if I did it, it would look a little like the picture at the left. Or, if you’re the more cerebral type, you, Len Nimoy and Brent Spiner, with a picture as it you were all buddies. Impossible you say? Nay, not if you’re at Star Trek Vegas, where for $299 and $159 respectively, you too can take part in these photo sessions, which according to the convention, has never happened before, ever!
Is it me, or do the captains look a little peeved at me?
- Hey kids, do ya like “True Blood’s” Sam Trammell? Then get thee to Comicpalooza.
- MTAC has their programming up. Also in PDF, if you so desire.
- Yesterday I said that WonderCon wasn’t San Diego. I might have been wrong. They aren’t going to be selling any 3-day ticket sales on-site. Although they still are selling them on the website.
- Cincinnati Comic Expo announced Mitch and Elizabeth Breitweiser on their guest list.
- Need Ancient City Con’s games schedule? I’ve got good news for you.
- If it wasn’t for the Star Trek stuff, this would have been the top news of the update. And the only reason why it’s posted this low, I wanted to make sure the images didn’t interfere with each other. But Heroes Con just announced a pretty awesome assortment of comic artists as guests – Frank Cho, Darwyn Cooke (who drew the awesome Ambush Bug to the right), Joe Jusko, Ryan Sook, Billy Tucci, Buzz, Jamie Cosley, Rob Hunter, Eric Layton, and Tommy Smith.
- Geek Girl Con passes are online.
- Want to cosplay at Florida Super Con? Then you’d better read this. Also, Thom Zahler’s gonna be there.
- Louisianime has two more guests – cosplayers “We *Heart* Card Games” Productions and the DJ team NeardRaves.
Actors hitting the pop culture conventions to build up hype for their geek-oriented films is nothing new. Actors hitting up the same conventions they used to go to as kids, and admitting to it on national television? That’s a little different. Press play on the YouTubes to see Rainn Wilson, star of the upcoming “Super,” plugging the heck out of NorWesCon.
- It’s one week till WonderCon in San Francisco, so they’re pumping out last minute information updates by the fistful. Check out their interactive scheduler – looks to be pretty nifty. They are also still looking for more would-be comic book artists to join their Comic Creator Connection, so if you are good with the drawing, but need a writing partner, you might want to sign up.
- Matsuircon in Ohio announced a bunch of guests – Micah Solusod, Brittney Karbowski, and Brina Palencia. They also have some super huge secret guest, but like a bunch of meanies, they’re going to make us wait till next week to find out who. Meanies.
- Purchase a 3 day pass by 7PM Mountain for the Albuquerque Comic Expo and you’ll be entered into a drawing to be upgraded to a VIP Package. Although given when I’m writing this, this news may be useless to everyone. Dang time zones!
- Long Beach Comic Con updated their artist list for their one day expo. They are also looking for someone to do a half hour interview about comic cons for students, so if you feel gabby, make with the clicky.
- Rules. They keep us from living in anarchy. And now the cosplay events at Anime Expo in Los Angeles have them.
- The Star Trek Convention in Phoenix has a write up on the official Star Trek website.
- Louisianime pre-reg closes tonight. And once again, here’s hoping that tonight means some time after I’ve posted this blog entry, stupid timezones!
- Are you a Canadian gamer? Then you might want to check out the schedule for the Canadian Games Conference.
- MTAC in Nashville has Vic Mignogna as a guest. And if you think I didn’t spellcheck that name a couple of times… silent G’s trip me up.
- Top Shelf Productions announced their plans for the Toronto Comic Arts Festival 2011. Want to see Jeff Lemire, Kathryn and Stuart Immonen, Matt Kindt and Nate Powell, in addition to being the first to get your paws on the graphic novels “Chester 5000″ and “Liar’s Kiss?” Better get your butt up north.
- Forget to get tickets for the Los Angeles Twilight Convention? Good news, there are still tickets at the door.
- MTAC in Nashville revealed a veritable slew of guests. I don’t know any of them. Hopefully you do.
- Larry “G.I. Joe” Hama had to cancel out of Emerald City Comicon for health reasons. And now, because I have one, here is a picture of me with Mr. Hama and a G.I. Joe thermos I had him sign.