Posts tagged IDW
Every once in a while, writing up convention news, I see an event where I’m honestly disappointed that I can’t attend. Don’t get me wrong, if I had a chance, I’d go to every con. But I’ve met Stan Lee a bunch of times, I’ve gotten drunk with Darwyn Cooke, Bruce Campbell has played with my lightsaber… and no that’s not a euphemism for anything. If I can find the picture later, I’ll post it. So if someone is attending a con across the country, there’s a good chance I’ve seen them before, or can see them at a more local one.
But at C2E2 next week in Chicago, the only time The New Avengers 100 will ever be shown as a single collection will happen, and I can’t go. Even more frustrating, members of the Hero Initiative Charity get an early look at the books – and for free! Of course, if you aren’t a member yet, you can sign up at the Hero Initiative booth at the show. And as if to rub it in my face, just to prove that this is the only time the collection will ever be shown as a whole, the first bunch of New Avengers 100 books will go on sale on eBay March 29. So go join the Hero Initiative, contribute to a great cause supporting the creators who built the comics industry, and get in to see Avengers Mansion at C2E2 for free. And while you’re doing that, go bug Jim McLauchlin and tell him Jeremy sent you. And for the record, I had luchador mask hair that day.
- And now for a mess of Megacon news. First, the deadline for pre-reg for the Florida show is Saturday, so don’t dawdle.
- Second, the con’s schedule is now online.
- Third, Howard Chaykin has cancelled his appearance. Which I guess means it is safe for me to attend Megacon. Don’t ask why.
- Scott Pilgrim Party at Anime Conji in San Diego!
- Speaking of anime, Wondercon in San Francisco published their anime schedule.
- Looks like Godzilla is giving Tokyo a break and smashing Albuquerque in the Albuquerque Comics Expo exclusive cover of IDW’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters #1.” Pre-reg to get you one.
- Anime Detour in MN rocks – they’re donating the proceeds of their auction this year to disaster relief in Japan. Which makes the above news item feel a little tacky, but oh well.
- PAX East just ended, so top bugging the Penny Arcade guys when PAX Prime tickets go on sale. Although it’s some time in April.
- Heroescon in Charlotte signed a bunch of indie artist guests - Paul Conrad, Joseph Carroll, Maris Wicks and Ron Salas.
- You like to go to sci fi conventions. Apparently, so does the Riverdale gang from Archie. Check out Sabrina the Teenage Slave Girl. Although Josie from the Pussycats as Catwoman might be a little too on the nose.