Posts tagged florida supercon
- Lazaro Suarez, creator of “My Date With The Devil’s Daughter.”
- Golden Age Comic Book Legend Sheldon “Shelly” Moldoff.
- Artist Javier Lugo.
- Artist Tayler Bryan.
- LeVar Leo and Face Palm Comics.
- Pat Martin from Students of the Unusual.
- Voice actor Melissa Fahn.
- Voice actor Michelle Knox.
Ya got all that?
- Speaking of which, Cincinnati Comic Expo (and no, I didn’t spell Cincinnati correct on the first try) announced they have over 70 guests.
- Want to go to Anime Expo in LA for free? Willing to dress up like a maid and serve people to do it? Boy are you in luck. Also, more charity Ebay auctions from the con for the crisis in Japan.
- Oh no, more of the giant lists! Albuquerque Comic Expo (right on the first try!) announced artist alley guests.
- Eclectic Elements
- David “Artassassin” Harrigan
- Jamie Chase Arts
- Summer Amber
- Robert Elrod
- Andy Perez
- Kevin Gentilcore
- Stephen McCranie
- Enrique Martinez
- Chris Yates Studios
- John Peters / Gypsygirl Press
- Dale Deforest
- HappyJack Comics
- Jon Sanchez
- Jeremy Montoya
- Jonathan Perea
- Jeff Benham / ACME Anvil Scenic
- Paul Z. / Sotoman
- Hey kids, do you like the World of Warcraft? Do you like watching movies of the World of Warcraft? Good, then I-Con has a panel for you.
- Retweet this tweet, you might get a free shirt from MTAC. And by telling you, I just lessened my chances of winning. D’oh! Also, they got con maps!
- Wanna buy Megacon tix? Clicky clicky.
TrekFest 2011 is doing a little fundraising to keep their Star Trek convention going. Unlike other Star Trek conventions, they do have on advantage in that arena -- it's held in Riverside, IA, the birthplace of Captain Kirk. So they're selling the land itself, one tiny vial at a time. A $25 donation will get you a vial of Kirk Dirt, complete with certificate of authenticity. Which is less gross than selling off pieces of Bill Shatner.
- Big fan of Felicia Day, who I am calling queen of the web video? If you planned on attending Calgary Comicon, San Diego Comicon, Chicago Comicon or DragonCon, you're in luck, because that's where she says she is going.
- Speaking of convention guests, Florida Supercon just announced bunches: Bruce "Tron" Boxlietner, Todd "Creepy Bad Guy on 'The Riches'" Stashwick, Derec Aucoin "Artist on Tons of Superhero Stuff" Donovan and Vinnie "'Hack/Slash' Artist" Tartamella.
- Botcon has an event listing up on Facebook. So if you want your peer circle to know you're going to Botcon, go click.
- I-Con is holding video game tournaments, specifically focusing on Pokemon and Rock Band.
- Going to Toronto Comic Arts Festival? Today is your last day to save on airline fair through Porter Airlines. Unless you're reading this tomorrow. In which case, you're on your own.
- Registration for Anime Expo's AX Idol goes live on Friday, with masquerade registration opening on the 15th. Which is Tax Day. So that should be easy to remember.
- There's going to be quidditch matches at Comicpalooza in Texas. Which brings up a question -- when you're writing about pop culture conventions, is it throwing stones in glass houses to goof on quidditch matches?
I don’t know why, but I love when seemingly incongruous guests are invited to conventions. Take Anthony Michael Hall here. He’s going to be at Spooky Empire’s May-Hem. Now granted, he was the guy from the TV version of “The Dead Zone,” so really, he does fit. But it’s hard not to hear the name and think of him more as the nerdy one from “The Breakfast Club.”
- Speaking of special guests, Richard Horvitz, the voice of “Invader Zim,” will be at Florida Supercon. See, that makes more sense to me for some reason. So is Shawn Crystal, frequent drawer of Deadpool in a wide variety of titles for Marvel. Man, Deadpool has a lot of books.
- Also, Stern Pinball head honcho Gary Stern will be at the NW Pinball Show. And that makes the most sense of all. If anything, it wouldn’t make any sense to have a pinball convention without the one guy still making new pinball games.
- Finally, if you didn’t make it to Gem City Comic Con this year, you can still buy their swag for charity on Ebay. The charity being the Hero Initiative, so yay!
It seems like I’ve been leading with a lot of Star Trek actor guest appearances in the news lately. The big ones all seem to be coming out in force lately. Speaking of which, happy 80th birthday to William Shatner today. But if Captain Kirk wants to hang out with Mr. Sulu on June 10-12, he’s going to have to go to Shatner’s home country, because George Takei will be a guest at Star Trek Vancouver.
- Louisianime has extended it’s pre-reg period until March 28th, so as always, more time to procrastinate! They also announced artist and voice actor Sonny Strait as a guest.
- Florida Supercon is hosting Dorian Gregory. He was on “Charmed,” and was the fourth and final regular host on “Soul Train.” Which seem like two very different jobs.
- Comic-Con International hotel registration is open! Although like all things in San Diego, by the time you read this, there’s a good chance it’s closed.
- Monsterpalooza in Southern California put out a final release with all their guests on it. The big one is probably the guy who originally played Godzilla. I’ll admit it, that impresses me.
- GIJoeCon’s got a commercial
- Mourning Daily Publishing is going to be at Derby City Con.
- Roz Chast, Jim Woodring, Ann Telnaes and Jim Rugg will be guests at SPX 2011.
- The books Accidental Salad and The Raven will make their debuts at Toronto Comic Arts Festival.
- More commercials! This one’s for the Steampunk World Fair. Although I don’t think it’s meant for TV like the other one.
- Wondercon has plenty of writers, but they’re looking for a few more artists to take part in the Comic Creator Connection.
- Angus Oblong’s gonna be at Comicpalooza in Houston.
- Finally, some bad news: “X-Force” writer Rick Remender had to cancel out of Planet Comicon and Norwescon’s PSIence guest of honor, Marie D. Jones, also had to cancel.