Posts tagged Chicago Comicon
TrekFest 2011 is doing a little fundraising to keep their Star Trek convention going. Unlike other Star Trek conventions, they do have on advantage in that arena -- it's held in Riverside, IA, the birthplace of Captain Kirk. So they're selling the land itself, one tiny vial at a time. A $25 donation will get you a vial of Kirk Dirt, complete with certificate of authenticity. Which is less gross than selling off pieces of Bill Shatner.
- Big fan of Felicia Day, who I am calling queen of the web video? If you planned on attending Calgary Comicon, San Diego Comicon, Chicago Comicon or DragonCon, you're in luck, because that's where she says she is going.
- Speaking of convention guests, Florida Supercon just announced bunches: Bruce "Tron" Boxlietner, Todd "Creepy Bad Guy on 'The Riches'" Stashwick, Derec Aucoin "Artist on Tons of Superhero Stuff" Donovan and Vinnie "'Hack/Slash' Artist" Tartamella.
- Botcon has an event listing up on Facebook. So if you want your peer circle to know you're going to Botcon, go click.
- I-Con is holding video game tournaments, specifically focusing on Pokemon and Rock Band.
- Going to Toronto Comic Arts Festival? Today is your last day to save on airline fair through Porter Airlines. Unless you're reading this tomorrow. In which case, you're on your own.
- Registration for Anime Expo's AX Idol goes live on Friday, with masquerade registration opening on the 15th. Which is Tax Day. So that should be easy to remember.
- There's going to be quidditch matches at Comicpalooza in Texas. Which brings up a question -- when you're writing about pop culture conventions, is it throwing stones in glass houses to goof on quidditch matches?